Information for Parents & Guardians
Routes, bus stop times & locations, and eligibility zones are subject to change at any time.
- Transportation registration does not automatically carry over from the previous school year and is, therefore, required every year. During the academic school year, please allow up to five business days for registration processing.
- Students who live within the designated transportation area for their assigned campuses are eligible for transportation. Eligibility zones can be confirmed for you by the Transportation Department.
- For all grade levels, bus route assignments are based on the student’s current home address, as verified in the Skyward Family Access system.
- Address changes must be made in person at the student's school campus. Proof of residency is required. Address changes may not be made by the Transportation Department.
- Students must follow the Core Bus Safety Rules* and Student Code of Conduct while on a bus or at a designated bus stop. Nonadherence may result in corrective action, up to and including bus/school suspension.
- Seating is assigned by the Transportation Department, and may be changed at any time. To accommodate as many riders as possible, some students will be placed three-to-a-seat.
- Seatbelts on equipped buses must be worn.
- Please download the Traversa Ride 360 app for access to bus numbers, stop times & locations, bus delay notifications, route changes, and other important information.
- Using the onboard card reader, students will scan their IDs as they board and exit the bus. Students' timestamped scans will be viewable by parents via the Traversa Ride 360 app. To facilitate the scanning process, we ask that elementary students keep their IDs attached to their backpacks; and secondary students keep their IDs on a lanyard.
- For the safety and security of all riders, MVISD buses are newly equipped with cameras.
*Core Bus Safety Rules:
- Adhere to Student Code of Conduct and campus rules while on the bus.
- Obey driver’s and aide’s instructions.
- Arrive at your stop five minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Scan your ID when boarding and exiting the bus.
- Board and exit the bus in an orderly manner, at your designated stop, and with cell phones stored.
- Use cell phones respectfully (no photography, videography, or audio recordings). Keep volume low, or use earbuds.
- To avoid choking hazards, do not eat or drink on the bus (water is ok).
- Keep head, hands, arms, feet, and legs out of the aisle and inside the bus.
- Keep backpacks, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
- Sit in your assigned seat, and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Keep seatbelt fastened, if equipped.
- Do not use pens, pencils, or other sharp objects while the bus is in motion.
- Do not toss objects around inside the bus, or throw anything out of the bus.
- Profanity, alcohol, drugs, e-cigarettes, and tobacco are prohibited.
- Keep the bus clean and intact. Vandalism is prohibited.
Student Transportation Rules, Regulations & Agreement
Bus Safety Diagram:
MVISD IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH TRANSPORTATION
AS SAFELY AND EFFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE