The purpose of the Career and Technical Education Department is to recognize the needs of a diverse student population and to assist students in gaining skills to become competitive, independent, productive citizens in a global economy. Students will be given opportunities to maximize their fullest potential through quality instruction linked to business and industry, career guidance, and active student leadership organizations.
- Every CTE student will participate in innovative and engaging learning experiences incorporating career exploration and 21st-century Workplace Readiness Skills.
- CTE students will have the opportunity to engage with business, industry, and community organizations.
- CTE students will be provided the opportunity to achieve industry credentials and/or college credits.
- CTE teachers will possess the skills, knowledge, and credentials needed to deliver a state- of-the-art program.
- CTE will maintain current and relevant curriculum in order to meet the needs of a competitive workforce.
- CTE programs must maintain well maintained, state-of-the-art equipment that meets current industry standards.
Gain instant access to the CTE content you seek, whether you are looking for “just-in-time” resources that you can leverage during a particular lesson, resources that you can assign to students, or self-directed PD training courses that you can take to earn CPE credit hours. This is the one-stop shop to the content you need for your CTE classroom and for yourself, even as these needs shift from day to day.