About Medina Valley ISD
Medina Valley ISD encompasses 300 square miles and is located west of San Antonio. The proud students of the Panther Nation come from Castroville, La Coste, Rio Medina, Dunlay, Mico, parts of San Antonio and surrounding areas. The District has approximately 5,500 students with 7 campuses: 4 elementary, 2 middle and 1 high school. Over the past several years, Medina Valley has seen consistent increasing growth in student enrollment with an increase of 7% – 10% new students every year. The District consistently outscores all State averages in accountability ratings and testing, producing well-rounded career-minded students. The school community is constantly evolving from year to year with new state of the art facilities and building additions. The District excels in all academic and athletic extracurricular activities and has a large fan base for all activities. For more campus information, you can contact the campuses directly.
Medina Valley Independent School District will provide its students with a superior and diverse education that inspires excellence, promotes accountability and values, and encourages all students to achieve their highest potential.
Takes a proactive role in planning for our rapidly growing population.
Ensures proper allocation of funds to support all areas of the district.
- Class/Course Offerings
Provides a variety of academic and extracurricular activities that promote well-rounded, career-minded students.
Fosters an environment of parental and community involvement through open communication.
Provides relevant and reliable technology for staff, students, and guests.
Provides and maintains appropriate facilities for district programs.
Exceeds federal/state/local legislative requirements to develop an educational journey for each student’s interests and success.
Recruits and retains quality staff while offering professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Our Students will:
- Be passionate and responsible in their learning and in life
- Be well-rounded emotionally, socially, and academically
- Demonstrate strong values and pride through their actions and beliefs
- Follow an educational path that allows them to explore academic and/or vocational career possibilities
- Be equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, and resources for their future
- Contribute positively as members of our community and society
- Our learning environment will provide:
- State-of-the-art and relevant technology and facilities
- Consistent and effective communication between the home, school, and district
- Classroom experiences focused on student engagement and learning
- Opportunities for parents and staff to work together for student success
- A staff that is highly qualified, valued, and offered ongoing opportunities for growth
- Settings that are both physically and emotionally safe
- Our district and community will work together to:
- Provide real-life learning opportunities to prepare students for the workforce
- Encourage and provide parental involvement and engagement to support the learning environment
- Provide a variety of educational programs with appropriate curriculum
- Support a growing and diverse population
- Build partnerships that are mutually beneficial
- Our Students will: