The Medina Valley ISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved the District Strategic Plan at their regular meeting held on October 17, 2016. The strategic plan consists of a district mission statement, vision statement, and strategic goals. Also included in the strategic plan are district belief statements, which were approved by the Board at a previous board meeting. This plan is intended to guide the district for the next 5 to 8 years. The new strategic plan was developed by a committee composed of parents, grandparents, staff, community members, and business leaders, who were recognized by the Board at the meeting. Members of the committee include Erinn Adamek, Sarah Allen, Mandy Barton, Shannon Beasley, Clay Binford, Katie Blair, Janet Boehme, Diana Bush, Carrie Calvert, Darren Calvert, Krystal Carpenter, Mary Castellano, Delores Castleberry, and April Davis. Also, Mario DeLeon, Alice Diamant, Crystal Garvick, Angela Grivich, Shelly Guinn, John Guzman, Christine Haass, Robin Harder, Val Hardt, John Jaquez, Suzanne Lee, Tammi Masters, and Lourdes Medina. Additionally, Rosa Milecky, Amy Millis, Russell Persyn, Nicole Pollard, Joel Rodriguez, Melissa Ruiz, Anneke Tschirhart, Cathy Tschirhart, Les Tschirhart, Javi Vielma, and Heidi White.
The strategic plan adopted by the Board includes:
District Mission Statement
: The Medina Valley Independent School District will provide its students with a superior and diverse education that inspires excellence, promotes accountability and values, and encourages all students to achieve their highest potential.
District Shared Vision
Our Students will:
Be passionate and responsible in their learning and in life
Be well-rounded emotionally, socially, and academically
Demonstrate strong values and pride through their actions and beliefs
Follow an educational path that allows them to explore academic and/or vocational career possibilities
Be equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, and resources for their future
Contribute positively as members of our community and society
Our learning environment will provide:
State-of-the-art and relevant technology and facilities
Consistent and effective communication between the home, school, and district
Classroom experiences focused on student engagement and learning
Opportunities for parents and staff to work together for student success
A staff that is highly qualified, valued, and offered ongoing opportunities for growth
Settings that are both physically and emotionally safe
Our district and community will work together to:
Provide real-life learning opportunities to prepare students for the workforce
Encourage and provide parental involvement and engagement to support the learning environment
Provide a variety of educational programs with appropriate curriculum
Support a growing and diverse population
Build partnerships that are mutually beneficial
District Strategic Goals
- Takes a proactive role in planning for our rapidly growing population.
- Ensures proper allocation of funds to support all areas of the district.
- Provides a variety of academic and extracurricular activities that promote well-rounded, career-minded students.
- Fosters an environment of parental and community involvement through open communication.
- Provides relevant and reliable technology for staff, students, and guests.
- Provides and maintains appropriate facilities for district programs.
- Exceeds federal/state/local legislative requirements to develop an educational journey for each student’s interests and success.
- Recruits and retains quality staff while offering professional development and leadership opportunities.